Chatbots can imitate human interaction. To do this, such tools are based on NLP and AI algorithms. They can be multipurpose and customized (interact with certain groups of clients). Most virtual assistants improve the product offer and increase sales. With the help of chatbots, you can order an operator call. Chatbot Categories IT specialists distinguish […]
Types of chatbots: What are the pros and cons of using them in business?
Chatbots can imitate human interaction. To do this, such tools are based on NLP and AI algorithms. They can be multipurpose and customized (interact with certain groups of clients). Most virtual assistants improve the product offer and increase sales. With the help of chatbots, you can order an operator call.
IT specialists distinguish three main types of chatbots. Let’s look at them in more detail.
Such tools are effective for routine tasks and standard requests from visitors. In such chatbots, a prepared list of questions is used for the client – the visitor only needs to select the necessary tab, and the conversation based on the choice will continue in the chosen direction. It is not very convenient to solve specific issues through such platforms. As a way out, use the option of communication with the company’s staff. However, not all organizations use this method, which often negatively affects the quality of service.
Artificial Intelligence bots
This type of assistant allows you to interact with customers more effectively. Today, AI training programs are used to improve such systems, using recordings of real conversations. Bots capture this information. After that, using keywords or even full-fledged questions, you can get a detailed answer that is close to a human answer. Such tools better understand customer requests, which allows them to analyze much data, selecting the most appropriate response.
The main difference between this type of bots and the previous ones is the real time mode. The visitor asks a question by filling in contact details, and after a moment a real person gets in touch. Such platforms are especially popular in companies engaged in sales and consulting, as in these areas a quick and accurate response is critical.
On a note! Consider the specifics of each category of chatbots. What may be useful in one area may be completely inapplicable in another. Focus on your business strategy.
Disadvantages of chatbots
Despite the effectiveness of the introduction of such IT solutions in the structure of the organization, there are several factors that cause certain difficulties.
- The need for constant technical support. Technologies are developing, so it is necessary to assemble an IT team, together with marketers, who would be able to make timely changes and select the best solutions for your business. Since this point is one of the key ones, the owner needs to incur serious costs for the implementation of such projects. However, if successful, they will pay off. Tip. Teams of web professionals don’t live in an isolated environment, so it is useful for specialists to attend various trainings and conferences. Such activities will also require additional investments on the part of management.
- Difficulties with understanding. Virtual assistants have not yet reached such a level to understand customers from a half-word, including wordplay and specific vocabulary. Accordingly, the correct response time may increase.
- Lack of an individual approach. Your active clients are often forced to answer a lot of clarifying questions, whereas a real operator would be able to process a visitor’s request faster.
- Nuances of sales and special offers. Chatbots can notify customers about personal discounts and promotions, but a personalized approach always remains a priority. In the latter case, interaction is most effective with a person. Pay attention! Bots configured for spam mailing can negatively affect the company’s reputation.
- Long wait. People want to ask a lot of clarifying questions, but robots don’t always recognize the context, so they offer ready-made solutions. Because of this, a person may leave the page for a while or even completely interrupt communication.
Advantages of virtual assistants
Chatbots, of any type, solve a number of important tasks. Among them are the following.
- Constant contact with the visitor. Even if the operator is busy, the client receives feedback. Quick response always has a positive effect on the evaluation of the company.
- Effective sales funnel. The established business schemes can be automated. With the help of artificial intelligence, you can replenish the database of potential customers, and chatbots are able to turn new visitors into active customers.
- Chatbots in the role of consultants. Some platforms are already offering similar products to customers, as well as explaining the rules for returning purchases.
- The human factor. Bots are devoid of emotions, so the conversation will proceed as smoothly as possible (unless the program is configured for specific communication). On a note! Some customers are literally annoyed by the machine’s unemotional response to their requests, which are especially acute. At the same time, the visitor may have the opposite effect – an intense exclusion. Therefore, try to bring a drop of humanity into robots.
- Saving money and time. Since routine tasks are transferred to bots, employees can start performing tasks that require greater competencies.
- Versatility. Chatbots can be configured according to any language. The ability to communicate with people from other countries is likely to attract visitors from all over the world.
How to make bots more interesting?
Experts advise to “humanize” chatbots a little by giving the robot a name and an avatar. However, the features of such systems should not interfere with its functions. At the same time, you need to know a measure: a chatbot should look like a person but should not pretend to be a human.
Chatbots are aimed at quick solutions, so you should not program them for too long answers that the visitor can figure out on their own (for example, in documents). There are also non-standard situations. Chatbots shouldn’t hesitate in such cases: it’s worth apologizing and trying to find a way out –sometimes it looks very touching.